How Baby D is growing. . .

pregnancy

Monday, May 10, 2010

1st trimester. . . .gone

So today I am 12 weeks and 2 days along. Some websites say that's it some say it's at the end of the week. I think that I am now entering into the 2nd trimester, so there :) My energy level has picked up a bit and I did some yard work on Saturday with Brian. I also enjoyed my first "mother's" day, even though I'm a mommy-to-be right now. Brian got me a cute card and a picture frame and my parents and brother got me flowers--how sweet :)

I feel truly blessed to have made it this far through the journey. You hear horror stories from women at work about the dreaded "m" word and it makes you even more nervous to really know how often it occurs. I hope that this is the beginning of a wonderful journey into parenthood. I am so thankful for everything.

2 comments:

  1. I'm sure everyone has told you to enjoy every moment (and they're right), but the 2nd trimester is actually enjoyable. You know, post-nausea and pre-blimpy. :)

    Have you and B decided whether you want to find out the sex? Just curious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have decided and we aren't going to find out (unless it's just hanging out there :) ). We both want it to be a surprise!

    ReplyDelete