So I decided that I am no longer drinking. Not socially, not at home, not even during happy hour on Friday's, after work, when I really want it. I read it decreases a woman's fertility by up to 50%, FIFTY, 5-0, what?!?!? So it's baby or booze, and for the first time in my life, it's baby. All the other times, I said "I'm young," or "I'm not pregnant, yet" if I'd only known!
It's been hard, and it's only going to get worse when in social situations where the people have no idea what I'm going through. They'll assume I'm pregnant. And for all of you out there who have never had to go through IF, asking someone trying to get pregnant if they're pregnant is like stealing from a church, punching a handicapped person, or lying about going to a funeral--you just don't do it.
Here's to 10 months of sobriety (I hope and pray), it's totally worth it!
No comments:
Post a Comment