So DH gave me the green light to go ahead and continue my blog, (he thinks it'll pretty cool to look back at) and now that the only other person that reads it knows, he said go ahead. So here we go. . . .
Where did I leave off, hmmmm:
15dpiui--dreaded test day. Hubby got up at 2am to use the restroom (understandable after 9 hours of drinking the day before) and this woke me up. I was up for another hour and a half before I said screw it, I'm going to do it now. I went and got a cup to pee in, grabbed the test from the RE's office, and grabbed the test that I had. I woke him up before actually taking/dipping the test. And then I saw it, 2 beautiful pink lines on the First Response early result test I had left over from last cycle. I yelled at DH to look at it, thought I wanted it so bad I was imagining it. Then I looked at the one from the doctor's office, 2 lines. I took a picture of both, and actually kept both tests.
16dpiui (Monday)--I called the RE's office on Sunday night, and again Monday morning to get an appointment to check my beta hcg. I was so scared. They got me in at 8:45 and called at 2:00 with the results. The nurse asked for me, then said "I have your lab results, (paused)" hello I'm dying here, just tell me " Congratulations, you are very pregnant," what, it's real, oh wow "your levels are good." Of course, being the over-analyzer I wanted to know EXACTLY what they were, and found out that my beta hcg was 239! In doing much research I found this was well within the normal range of 40-425 that was listed on the americanpregnancy.com website.
We are cautiously optimistic. We told both our parents and a nosy fried or two :) There is a ways to go and I don't want to jinx anything. I'm going in again tomorrow to have the beta repeated and hope that the number doubles from yesterday. I would love to get in for an ultrasound to see the gestational sacs (I'll be 5 weeks on Thursday).
Thank you all for your prayers and please keep us in them, this is a long journey and we need all the prayers that you are willing to offer for our now-growing family!
Hey, I'm nosy because I care. :)
ReplyDelete(P.S. Still learning the blog lingo...what does "RE" stand for?)
(Never mind...I figured it out.)
ReplyDeleteI know, and I knew that you would read this :)
ReplyDelete