So sorry for not posting, the last week before break was CRAZY! I had a conference on Thursday and Friday and was without a computer (funny how dependent you become on them). Things are going well, day one of spring break today!!! I woke up at 9:45 after going to bed at 11 (a new record for me). Met some friends out at a bar for "drinks." I made them think it was a vodka 7 but it was just a 7. The waitress totally played it up to which was awesome :)
To catch you all up on my happenings last week that were also crazy and baby-related, I had pain on my left side and called the RE's office (this was when I was 5w4d) completely expecting the "hey crazy lady, you're fine," call. But no, the nurse not only called my cell but also the school and the secretary said that I needed to call them "sooner, rather than later." WTF???!!! So I did and she went on and on about ectopic pregnancy (in the tubes or other weird places). I FREAKED out. I had teachers cover my classes and went in right away for an ultrasound after I called Brian, sobbing. They got me in and low and behold, one beautiful gestational sac with a yolk sac and teeny baby right in the middle of the uterus, phew. I'm so relieved.
So far I've been feeling good (for the most part). Last week marked the severe headache portion of early pregnancy. I had a migraine for about 2 days, gotta love the hormones :) Been having some stretching pain in the groin area, and diagnosed myself with round ligament pain from the uterus stretching. Now we are just waiting for Thursday and keeping the prayers up that we see the heartbeat on the ultrasound. I read once you see it the miscarriage rate drops significantly and then it drops again once you hear the heartbeat and once you are done with the first trimester. It's just so stressful and we just want everything to be ok so badly. We are keeping up the positivity and prayers and hope you all will keep them up to! We're half way through the first trimester, and it has been so much fun!
Thanks again for all your thoughts and prayers!!!
One more day! :)
ReplyDelete